Thursday, February 28, 2008

SKELETON IN THE CLOSET


First and foremost, I want to thank you guys for sending me your heart felt birthday wishes. I really appreciate and I must say, it was a very humbling experience to get messages from people that I only may know through cyberspace but I guess friends are not people only in close proximity but are people that might seem geographically handicap but are always there when you do and don’t need them. You all really impressed me, seeing your comments and all. May God continue to fulfill your needs and may he take you from one stage of glory to another. Nice looking out guys! (Enough of emotional stuff oh! I wonder how many times I have to pull the plug on that)

Perfection

Perfection is phenomenon all humans strive for but for most times, it always seems out of reach. This does not mean perfection is unattainable, what it does mean is that the price for the attainment of perfection is too high for most humans to reach. Call the road to attaining perfection ‘chasing a horizon’. Technically speaking its something we all aspire to get but can’t really get (at least not in this life) so it shouldn’t come as a surprise to most people when they see or hear dirty news about seemingly moral and upright personalities. Who would have taught a loveable person like Owen Wilson could even think of attempting suicide or the Queen mother’s kleptomanic fetish or that a guy seen singing praises in church today could be a heroine addict. The truth is, nobody is perfect and so we should do ourselves the personal favor of not always expecting too much from our fellow humans because they are as fallible and susceptible to changes as we are.

A popular writer once said ‘Do not expect people to behave the way you want them to because you also don’t behave the way you want yourself to’

I guess if we all understand this succinct reality then we would all learn to

1) Take human disappointments in our stride

2) Not be too harsh on ourselves when we fall beneath our own expectations

3) Learn to forgive those who have wronged us

4) Be less judgmental of people in certain situations

5) Be more understanding of the people around us

6) Learn to be patient with people as well as with ourselves

7) Be more objective in our judgments (put yourself in peoples shoes)

8) Learn to be sympathetic to peoples plight (you might not fair so well if the same thing happens to your black ass)

9) Learn to have more faith in our fellow humanity (contradictory but true)

I never even start the main post, I don they yarn like person wey wan build church. But on a serious note make una think am sha, I just think say e go for good if I give una this voodoo make im no be say na so so laff una dey come laff when una visitation my blog. Ok! To the tori of the day.

Bloggers, I bet you all know the way we always look at our parents like saints, role models, mentors and the lot. The truth is, they actually are all this stuff but sometimes they kind of over exaggerate the picture they paint of themselves. One common example is.

Mr Uchiha- Sasuke where is your result?

Sasuke- Here Dad! (Placing the result in his hands)

Mr Uchiha- WHATTTT!!! What the hell is this?

Sasuke- my result Daddy!

Mr.Uchiha- Don’t be stupid! of course I know what the hell it is! C5 in simple English! That’s unacceptable. When I was in school, I was the most brilliant student in the whole school. I used to get all A’s. Go and ask your mother.

Sasuke- But dad, you once told me that you got knocked in the head by your teacher when he asked you what an aeroplane was and you said it was that ‘thing that made voo-voo-voo in the sky’.

Mr. Uchiha- Shaaaarrrrap!!! Must you remember everything I tell you? Now go to your room.

Honestly sometimes I don’t know why our parents bobo us in believing they are an epitome of perfection when in reality they are sometimes just as confused as we are. My friend Baba B also witnessed something similar with his dad. Baba B’s dad had a strong moral principle against drinking alcohol. He would go:

Baba B’s Dad- My son, alcohol is not good, it is a sign of gross irresponsibility and is a habit that should not be associated with any decent individual. As a matter of fact I was the only one among my peers who never drank and that’s why I was able to marry a beautiful woman such as your mother….bla…bla..bla.

Baba b initially swallowed the story hook line and sinker during his adolescent years. He however decided to move on to the dark side shortly after he got into the university. It was a baptism of alcohol; he virtually had tried his hands on everything ranging from spirits to beer. By the close of the semester he was already a steady and adventurous drinker.

During the long holiday he decided to clean up his dad’s room only to stumble on a brand of the intoxicant stashed away in a coded corner of the room. Baba B was Shocked to his wits ‘so this man fit dey code this kind inspiration for here abi! No wahala we go see who sabi code pass’.

Baba B soon started having a coded field day with the alcohol; he would drink from the bottle and return the drink back to the same spot. But little did he know that cat wey keep fish for corner know the quantity wey im keep there. Baba B’s dad somehow discovered that someone had been pilfering from his stash and decided to raise hell.

Baba B’s Dad- Baba B! Baba B! Baba B!

Baba B- Siiirrrrrrr!!!

Baba B’s Dad- Come here! (Swelling profusely)

Baba B- Yes dad

Baba B’s Dad- (Notice the word in italics) Who took ‘the thing’ in my room?

Baba B- Daddy I didn’t take anything from your room.

Baba B’s Dad- You, your mother and I are the only people in this house and I know it definitely isn’t your mother. So Baba B who took ‘that thing’ in my room?

Baba B- What thing daddy?( chei this man hard oh! so im no even fit call the name of the thing wey im leave for room)

Baba B’s Dad- My Friend don’t answer a question with a question, I say WHO TOOK OUT OF THAT THING I KEPT IN MY ROOM!?

Baba B’s mom enters the house to meet the raucous and goes on to inquire the source of the problem

Baba B’s Mom- What is all this noise I am hearing?

Baba B’s Dad- Somebody entered my room and took ‘something’ and I am trying to find who that person is.

Baba B’s Mom- Baba B, did you take anything from your dads room?

Baba B-No ma I didn’t ( Sho! this man harsh oh! well make we dey code dey go)

Baba B’s mom- By the way what is missing maybe I took it by mistake and….

Baba B’s Dad-(Kai! this pikin go pour sand-sand for my garri if i no quick settle this matter) DON”T PLAY ON MY INTELLIGENCE WOMAN!!! What is your business with what is missing? I am telling you Somebody took something in my room and you are here asking me questions…..in short….I don’t have time for this...(Incinerating Baba B with his eyes before Slamming his room door shut)

Baba B’s mom- What is your daddy looking for that he almost wants to break down the house

Baba B- (See problem oh! wetin go make popsie no fit mention wetin im dey find, she na me go come get two head talk am? mumsi no vex oh but) I don’t know oh!

Apparently, Baba B’s Dad had been hiding his drinking fetish from his wife as she would have torn the whole house apart if she had the slightest inclining that the two men under her roof were alcohol patrons. So I guess at the end of the day both men did a good job of keeping the identity of their little something under wraps. Now the thing be say papa done know say pikin don catch im lie-lie and pikin done know say papa done sabi say im dey guzzle. As dem they talk for Benin, “a guy cannot guy a guyman’ so therefore let the 007 continue.

I done go Ibadan for the weekend be that so all my people I wan make una maintain like a plantain on the mountain to sustain enough protein to Spain. Cheers.

Your Boy Sasuke.

34 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

LOLLLLLLLLLLL @ the "Baba B" story.........funny stuff!!!! Next time, e papa no go lie!

A popular writer once said ‘Do not expect people to behave the way you want them to because you also don’t behave the way you want yourself to’

This topic kinda liberated me last yr, because I used to think everybody shd be thinking the same way. Though wemay have the same views, we all still have our imperfections and we need to be understanding of each other...and we need to HELP each other to get up from hideous crimes...

Loved this! Lol.

NaijaScorpio said...

You are a character. I grew up in Benin too btw, so i enjoy all the pidgin english you be writing. I don't know why our parents think it's cool to lie. My dad said the same thing about making all A's until i stumbled upon his results. Let's just say it definitely wasn't all A's.

darkelcee said...

Sasukeee, wetin you wan go do for IBD?

Anyway, ur starter today na ehlele! its a an eye-opener for me. thank you

As per parents forming levels, that trick is extinct now.

Na our generation that lie dey hook. these children of nowadays don wise-up.

HAve fun in Ibadan.

Bubblegum Thug said...

Nice one on the perfection piece. Such is life.

As for Nigerian parents, i guess my one Nigerian parent was pretty liberal, no lectures, just smug remarks when results came home, and that was the end of the discussion. lol.

princesa said...

ROTFLMAO!!!!
YOu just dey waste ur talent o!
Ali baba no funny reach u jare,lol!

Oya come make we discuss biz.
Make i be ur manager na*wink*

Thirty + said...

"I wan make una maintain like a plantain on the mountain to sustain enough protein to Spain.
- :)

Amen to the perfection piece.

My parents never formed sha dunno y?

I am gbaduing you.

'Yar Mama said...

funny post..

Afrobabe said...

lmao....yes oh...the thing....

you go soon dey write scripts for the comedians in nigeria...loads of talent...

what's happeing in IB???

Joy Akut said...

o boy,i was almost screaming sasuke's going intellectual on us, but you bounced right back...

LMAO...i think its only fair for parents not to set such high standards for their kids like 'i did this i did that' it ends up damaging the minds in more ways that we can imagine. its healthy in a way as it motivates, but then....shei you grab? i cant think of long grammars to use here.

plus when prissesa hooks you up, for every show i want complementary front role tickets.

Anonymous said...

lol @ Baba B. :-)

Have a great belated birthday. :-)

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

Infact these parents they were all first in their class.makes me wonder wat happened to all the last ones.

Sasuke said...

@jaycee no mind the papa jare dem go they put people for work like say them be Dexter.thanks for your insight on the piece

@sting nice knowing you grew up in Bside bet you would be very interesting yourself. i also really don't know why most folks ball like that. thanks for stopping by

@darkelcee- my sister Ibadan was banging i had alot of fun as a matter of fact i want you to get the MOHITZ album titled C.V and listen to a track called 'PERE' men i wan dance kill my self.

nice knowing you liked both posts. how was your own weekend?

@pink gloves-thanks for liking the perfection piece it has kinda been a life anchor for me and so far knowing it has always made me stay positive and energised. good knowing your parents were not into the bobo stuff..lol

@princesa- my love thanks for the compliments i promise to see you on the rebound.hope you had a lovely weekend?

@30+- no mind the lyrics jare, the flows they come like that sometimes. thanks for liking the piece.

@yar' mama- thanks alot and nice having you around.

@afrobabe nothing much happening oh just went there to spoil myself small oh! had lots of fun.i want you to listen to the MoHits albulm titled C.V track no 9 is my favorite 'Pere' mad party jam.

thanks for the advise be rest assured ild hook you up.

@Fantasyqueen- haba! sasuke go school now! anyways i feel you plenty, plenty sometimes our parents oversabi dey dey overbearing sometimes but i guess most times its done in good faith.

About the front roll tickets, you can hold me that but my aspirations high pass that one sha!...lol

@aworan- thanks a bunch really appreciated.Do have a lovely week.

@anonymous gal- nicely asked jare! me self i wonder! how are you doing?

Zayzee said...

our parents are always the right and best things when they were our ages. my mum will always tell my younger sister, u give me too much headache, I am not saying it cos she is here, uzezi never did all this rubbish u exhibit. she was a good girl.

really? that wasn't what i heard growing up.

and to ur least, add this, forgive those u break ur heart cos they give u a better chance of meeting someone super better than they are.
lol

ShadeCrown said...

lollllllllllll
you are somn else.. u always crack me up!!

Happy beleted buffday.. guess u had fun..xx

Sasuke said...

@uzezi-yeah so true and really annoying when you know how handful your siblings were..thanks for the bonus point

@sha-thanks dear i really appreciate.hope you had a lovely weekend?

Today's ranting said...

wow!! Very nice piece.The first part stimulated me intelectually. I just dropped by your blog to get some laughter ooo and what I started reading was completely not what I expected.I was like when did Sasuke turn into a preacher.
It was really insightful but the second part made me reel with laughter as usual.Parents can be too hypocrytical sometimes but we still love them all the same.They always want the best for us and one funny thing is that you are quite likely gonna do the same to your kids too..

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

hahahahah! 007! You these Benin people, ya mouth just dey sweet!

I really enjoyed reading this. See as tears just dey fall from my eyes! lol!

Take care!


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

Sasuke said...

@todays ranting-ehn ehn! God done catch you. so my blog don turn circus abi? in short more intellectual posts from me..lol. how are you doing?
about also giving the same treatment to my children! i honestly don't think so. i mean whats the point lying. have a lovely week dear.

@solomonsydelle- na so oh! my sister we benin people dey manufacture sugar for mouth that is why we are often hard to resist.

Abeg suffry cry when you dey read my blog oh! you husband fit no go think say person dey try harass im wife and honestly i aint ready to be beat. have a lovely week dear

darkelcee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
darkelcee said...

weekend, dry as usual.

Are u sure u are not into marketing now? i am still looking for the album cos this one wey u wan dance and quench dey fear me. lol!

Sasuke said...

@darkelcee- i heard they sell the album at most Mr. Biggs outlets so hurry up and grab your copy dear. you would thank me later just listen to track 9 "pere".

lol @marketing..hell no i just gbadun the album die.

hope work is going fine

O'Dee said...

Sus, I njoy the Baba B tori. And d whole pidgin thin ws tight.
1st tm on ur blog.

Unknown said...

hahahahahahah

I can definately see this happening 4 real and it's common amogn nigerian parents
They all tell you they were the best students in HS
but I reserve my comment sha

Anonymous said...

just some of my love...going to read now..wud be back !!!

Queen of My Castle said...

Hey babes! Updated again today JUST for you. LOL. Hope you like it.

Will be back to read

**Kisses**

Sasuke said...

@oluwadee-A new face is alway welcome here 'wink'.thanks a bunch for the visit. hope to see you around more often. cheers

@olamild-no mind them jare them go dey go raise expectations as if say na high jump person dey do...lol

@risquediva- i dey receive your love oh!and plenty more. abeg who get that yansh? nice of you coming around

@honeywell-yep! so true i guess thats why the bible says do unto others as you would do to yourself. thanks for visiting ma blog

@queen of my castle-na wa for you oh! i understand the free publicity but abeg i no be babe oh!..lol.
nice of you to stop by.

princesa said...

lol! Sasuke babes can be used for both sexes. No come dey show ur bushness for her o!*just kidding* lol!

UnNaked Soul said...

LMAO!!! I use to think that God is disguised as parents... now I know better... LOL

hilarious one bro!

Allied said...

lol...

But my father was a real Efiko.. the man got schoolship from Primary through Masters...

It was not easy being the first child and following his footsteps.. Na soso lesson i dey attend...

Simi Speaks said...

am crackin' up so hard..

Afrobabe said...

Who in heaven's name is MoHit?

desperate lady said...

rotflmaoooooo omg u just made my day.....
how on earth do u come up with stuff like this "I wan make una MAINTAIN like a PLANTAIN on the MOUNTAIN to SUSTAIN enough PROTEIN to SPAIN."

p.s-Owen Wilson committed suicide? what planet do i live in? how d hell did i not know that?
wait let me go confirm.

Sasuke said...

@princesa-Yes ma! i hear you. how was your weekend

@unnaked soul- yep i used to think so too but i guess stuff do happen. thanks for stopping by man.hope u had a swell weekend?

@ allied - i don't envy you oh! but i guess the lessons paid off anyways. no wonder you are so smart... you got a lot to thank daddy for. how was your weekend?

@simi speaks- don't hurt yourself oh!lol...how was your weekend?

@afrobabe-mohitz records is the record label of Dbanj, wande coal and the likes. its owned by Don Jazzy. i was actually talking to you about the album.its titled C.V

@desperate lady- what can i say, guess i have a lot of talent. hope you had a lovely weekend

Onome said...

heeheeheeheeheeheehee..............hilarious bro!!!!!!:-D