Monday, February 11, 2008

EMMA AND I " Never should have called"


I first laid eyes on Emma in my form 2 (JSS2) she immediately knocked the sparkle out of me. She looked like something out of a high school movie. Boy! Was I ready to be her Steve Urkel She was the most beautiful thing I had set my adolescent eyes on, Emma had this adorable sweet face with a little yet very kissable mouth. It almost seemed like roses and daises were grown around her as she wore this alluring scent plus she had pearly eyes that seemed to sparkle every time she blinked. I must say in my world of fantasies she was my Penelope and I her Odysseus.

With my introduction, I bet you’d be thinking Emma and I hit it off almost immediately; Well sorry to burst your bubbles but things didn’t go exactly like that. You see, Emma and I were more like Clark Kent and Louise Lane, she simple hated every iota of gut I had and made it clear that she didn’t want to have anything to do with me (did I forget to say that she almost got my ass whooped by the form teacher just because I told her I loved her). Honestly I do not know what I must have done to warrant such spite but it was clear to me that all my feelings and affections for Emma were to be bottled and thrown to sea if I was at least to gain some semblance of sanity. So, I had to bid my time in the dark waiting for the right moment to launch a new strategy to get my golden fleece.

Emma and I finally started talking in our form four, how and when it happened I can’t remember but all I know is that things started heating up between us big time, we started hanging out together, talking, hugging and basically doing everything together (apart from kissing and sex of course) you see, what I had for Emma was pure and unadulterated as far as I was concerned things were exactly the way they were supposed to be. There was no disputing the fact that we both knew we might soon be leaving the comfort zone of friendship for something deeper, it was only just a matter of time.

Emma’s name and face was not a stranger in my house as my siblings had taken an obvious liking to her and sometimes even used to tease me about her

Big sis- Sasuke, when are you going to ask out Emma?

Sasuke- men sis I don’t know oh! kinda thinking about doing it though

Big sis- Sasuke you have to know what you want and go for it despite the risks, you can’t always stay in your comfort zone and you are a man oh! Most girls don’t like shy boys.

Sasuke- men sis I wish it was that easy. We even promised to hook up at Leo’s party. I do hope I don’t freeze up.

Big sis- ok Sasuke ild give you a heads up but you have to pop the question yourself

Sasuke how do you plan to do that?

Big sisjust leave that to me, a girl always has her way you know! But if it’s anything much of a consolation I think Emma likes you.

Sasuke- thanks sis

Leo’s party was banging and having Emma around also gave it an extra bang though she came late. I had a nice time dancing and laughing to the different tunes with Emma. I was not able to see the party to its end as my sis had arrived to pick me up. Just as I was entering the car I heard my sister call out to Emma

Big sis- Emma!

Emma- yes !

Big sis- how are you doing?

Emma- fine thank you

Big sis- hope you don’t mind giving the ladies a little privacy Sasuke. Emma and I have some catching up to do.

I humbly obliged their request and made for the other end of the car park.

Big Sis- Sasuke you can come now!

I gave Emma a goodnight hug and made my way back into the car. Shortly after that, my sis and I were homeward bound

Sasuke- sis what did you say?

Big sis- curiosity killed the cat my dear, be patient ild fill you in

Sasuke- come on sis you are killing me! What did you tell Emma?

Big sis- ok, ok, I told her exactly how you feel about her and how great I think you guys would be together

Sasuke- Have I ever told you how much I love you sis?

Big sis- No bro you haven’t, but hearing it for the first time would be a kick ass

Sasuke- I LOVE YOU SIS (pecking her on the chic in the process)

Big sis- anything for you kiddo so I guess all you have to do is pop the question.

I was so ecstatic that I couldn’t even sleep as all I had in mind was Emma. All I had in mind was popping the million dollar question to my Athena. The D-day came as supposed and I was in the parlor filling my sister with my candy thoughts of Emma when she suggested I call Emma up and handle my business. That idea seemed like the best at that instance but if I had taken my time to look at the time properly I probably would not have gone with that idea but I guess what matters now is that I did go with the idea and was bound to live with the consequences for most of my teenage years. (It was 7am for Christ sakes, talking about teenage oops). I punched in Emma’s digit and it was answered by Emma at the other end (the poor girl had practically been woken by my call and was even still yawning)

Sasuke- hi Emma, how are you doing

Emma- I am doing great Sasuke.

Sasuke- what time did you leave Leo’s party? Yawning like a lion into the mouth piece)

Emma- (laughing) don’t mind me jare I left shortly after you did

Sasuke- ok Emma there is something I want to ask you?

Emma- Sure Sasuke shoot!

Sasuke- Emma, you know I like you a lot? It’s been something I have been meaning to tell you for a while now

Emma- Yeah! Sasuke I know you do

Sasuke- Emma……… I was kind of wondering if you and I could go steady ( lesson number 1 folks Don’t sorry I mean never even if your life depended on it ask a girl out on phone. trust me it hardly turns out right ‘wish I had been told this earlier’) there was silence, for once in my life I actually forgot how to breathe

Sasuke- Emma, are you there?

Emma- No… I mean yes…..No I mean No

Sasuke-Which of the questions are you answering Emma because you have me all confused (and that’s when she said it, it took me a couple of months to function after hearing these words)

Emma- sorry Sasuke I can’t date you, you are like a brother to me

Sasuke- (I screamed in my sub conscious WHAAAAAT!!! Which kin brother be dat, I am here dying of an impending heartbreak and you say I am like a brother to you!) Ok Emma I am sorry I took your time lets just pretend this never happened ok?

Emma-ok

Sasuke- you’d always be my favorite girl you know that don’t you?

Emma-Yes I do

Sasuke- bye

Emmabye

(Talk about being rejected and having your heart broken on the same day and in the same time space. Yeah! it hurt like a bitch; the line was still alive at the other end for a couple of seconds after which I heard the sound of the inevitable)

Click!!!!

I DIED

Watch out for the concluding story.

27 comments:

Allied said...

aww.. i hope it was just shakara... please update quick quick

Sasuke said...

@allied.. men the babe meant business oh na joke me self call am

darkelcee said...

haaaa,

that's sad men.

How can she reject foine boy like you?

so what happened next>?

update sharpish!

desperate lady said...

Lmaooo I was feelin bad 4 u until I got to d end n saw "I DIED", so u ressurected after 3days huh?
Lol I don't think its cos u asked her on d phone cos even if u had asked her in person, I doubt if her responce would differ.

Anonymous said...

i like ur description of her...she must have captivated u...

Tandra said...

my hearts bleeding for u,dude...
oo but the things we do for..err.love

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

LOLOL too much drama...

Sasuke said...

@darkelcee-wetin i go do now! as the babe come see me like that nko? i just tire
@desperatelady-i died oh! you would soon find out why i said that, plus the phone did play its own part.ild tell you how in the subsequent post
@neemadivine-yes my dear, she did
@tandra-thanks for being sympathetic but it wasn't easy back then
@omosewa- you know you ladies cant do without the drama now!its part of the whole work

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

LOL, i know many Nigerian women who arent into them nah...my sister thinks i have issues actually. Thats entertainment for me, instead of walking up and down town, yoruba movie with good food= more fun. LOL.

Oya update nah, i need to laugh. Thanks.

Afrobabe said...

kai...once a woman plays the brother card its final full stop ohh...

Sasuke said...

@omosewa-anything that works for you dear! but as 4 me, yoruba movies are a strict no no
@afrobabe-but what can a brother do to avoid the you are like a brother line? sometimes i honestly think the babes sometimes are confused on what they really want.lol

Anonymous said...

Ahh!! Friendship zone!! Man, if I had a £ for instances like that I've heard directly or from friends, I'd be able to buy a new camera body! That's a damn shame, and the worst one: "You're like a brother!" Every guy in his life has gone through this phase!!

Will def be keeping eyes out on this blog...

Today's ranting said...

eya sorry ehn,it was heart renderin uhn.i don't think ur sister shudda helped u in d first place. Maybe i f u had done the thin all by yourself it woulda worked out wel.galz love bold guys. lol!

princesa said...

Awwwh Poor sasuks!
Actually i feel the babe. there are a couple of guys i really like to hang with but can i consider something intimate with them? No NO!

ShadeCrown said...

lollll sowwie oh its kinda funny cuz i cn relate to it..
lol anywyz update pls

Sasuke said...

@akin aworan- don't mind these babes they go just they put poor boys for work..throwing us the brother line. if every boy na your brother who you go come kiss..i tire
@today's ranting- at that time toasting a babe was like writing jamb and so i needed a little home support.i am sure you'd do the same for your bro..lol
@princesa- my sweet princesa u would at least make your intentions clear from the beginning not that you would blare the green light only to show a red the moment the dude steps up... the concluding story would shed more light.lol

Thirty + said...

Eh ya that must have hurt bad

Rinsola said...

eh ya, pele. It's funny and not funny at the same time. You go be fine

Unknown said...

eiyaaaa
poorr you

Sam Oracle said...

Sasuke, you're a brother and not a lover.
What the hell does the girl mean by you being a brother?
na wa oo.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Wow, that was mean, oh! Oya update abeg.

Welcome to blogville, oh!

EDNUTEY said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW this happened in Naija..so it must have been SHAKARA! U know us girls back then always pretend not to like someone..."U are like a brother to me"...yea right!!! na shakara..LOL...thanks for stopping by my blog

Sasuke said...

@sha-please dont tell me you also use the 'brother' line too...lol
@30+- my sista it really hurt oh! you cant imagine.
@rinsola-thanks dear but to be honest it was far from funny back then oh! i thank God time heals wounds..lol
@olamild-thank you jare!ko easy
@oracle- my brother i tire oh! wetin these women no go use our eye see?
@solomonsydelle-thank you bro
@sparle-well i guess you would find out if it was shakara or not when i complete the story.my pleasure

desperate lady said...

O Lawd do i have to scream for u to update?
if i come back and derz no update, ill leave naked.

Manda said...

hahahahaa! Same thing i teli bro's... Neva get tooo friendly wit a gurl u want to date. Abeg update o!

Sasuke said...

@desperate lady- haba no need for you to do that abeg or do you want someone to put a bounty on my head?
@manda- true talk jare but you know sometimes you ladies might be a bit undecisive with what you want. some would say they want a guy who would be their friend first others would say they want a guy who knows what he wants and goes for it....na una they confuse us oh..lol

Semirah said...

LOL...you're like a brother to me'...I believe that happens when you take too long in popping the Q